If you are looking to apply for PreKindergarten, please
visit our Student Placement Center.
Apple Quicktime is required to view videos on the PreK website.
The PreKindergarten Program (PreK) is responsible for providing support and education for staff and families to ensure high quality education for children the year before kindergarten to prepare them for school success.
PreK provides a rigorous academic preschool education for children. Classes focus on teaching children to:
• see themselves as capable learners.
• develop reading, writing and math skills.
• work well with other children and adults.
Up to 20 children are enrolled in each class with a licensed teacher and an assistant.
Children are enrolled for a full school year, half days, mornings or afternoons.
What we do
• Provide professional development for Pre-K Teachers, Assistants and Reading Corps members
• Hire, train and supervise Content Coaches who support Pre-K classrooms
• Hire, train and supervise Parent Educators and Bilingual Family Connection Workers who support Pre-K classrooms and families
• Work with school staff to host multilingual family education workshops
• Work with school staff to support students and families in the transition to Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten
• Provide families with activities to extend the learning from classroom to home
• Support Pre-K Teachers with curricular resources
• Support Pre-K Teachers with assessment collection and the use of data to inform instruction
Call us for/when
• You have questions about Early Childhood Workshop, assessments used in Pre-K, or professional development
• You need a presentation on Early Childhood Workshop or Parent Education topics relevant to Pre-K
• Parents have questions and you need more information specific to Pre-Kindergarten issues
Our Administrative and Support Staff
For a list of all staff, see Office of Early Learning Support Staff.
Saint Paul Public Schools, District 625 | 360 Colborne Street, Saint Paul, MN, 55102 | 651-767-8100 | email@example.com
© Copyright 2011 Saint Paul Public Schools. All rights reserved.