If you are looking to apply for Pre-Kindergarten, please
visit our Student Placement Center.
Apple Quicktime is required to view videos on the Pre-K website.
The Pre-Kindergarten Program (Pre-K) is responsible for providing support and education for staff and families to ensure high quality education for children the year before kindergarten to prepare them for school success.
Pre-K provides a rigorous academic preschool education for children. Classes focus on teaching children to:
• see themselves as capable learners.
• develop reading, writing and math skills.
• work well with other children and adults.
Up to 20 children are enrolled in each class with a licensed teacher and an assistant.
Children are enrolled for a full school year, half days, mornings or afternoons.
What we do
• Provide professional development for Pre-K Teachers, Assistants and Reading Corps members
• Hire, train and supervise Content Coaches who support Pre-K classrooms
• Hire, train and supervise Parent Educators and Bilingual Family Connection Workers who support Pre-K classrooms and families
• Work with school staff to host multilingual family education workshops
• Work with school staff to support students and families in the transition to Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten
• Provide families with activities to extend the learning from classroom to home
• Support Pre-K Teachers with curricular resources
• Support Pre-K Teachers with assessment collection and the use of data to inform instruction
Call us for/when
• You have questions about Early Childhood Workshop, assessments used in Pre-K, or professional development
• You need a presentation on Early Childhood Workshop or Parent Education topics relevant to Pre-K
• Parents have questions and you need more information specific to Pre-Kindergarten issues
Our Administrative and Support Staff
For a list of all staff, see Office of Early Learning Support Staff.
Saint Paul Public Schools, District 625 | 360 Colborne Street, Saint Paul, MN, 55102 | 651-767-8100 | firstname.lastname@example.org
© Copyright 2011 Saint Paul Public Schools. All rights reserved.